Codacy cloud uses OAuth to handle logins, and we support the following providers to register:
- GitHub cloud
- BitBucket cloud
Depending on the provider (GitHub, Bitbucket, Google), different permissions may be needed due to different OAuth implementations. We also strive to request only the required permissions.
If you log in with GitHub, Codacy requires the following permissions/scopes:
- 'user' permissions to access GitHub user info.
- 'public_repo' permissions to be able to set PR status on public projects.
- 'repo' access to access private repositories.
- 'write:public_key' to add ssh keys to the repositories, so that Codacy can have access to the repository.
- 'write:repo_hook' access to add post-commit hooks.
- 'admin:org_hook' to access organization hooks.
If you log in with Bitbucket, Codacy requires full access.
Google log in
If you log in with Google, Codacy requires the following permissions/scopes:
- Email permission (no more permissions needed since there are no repositories in Google)