Codacy cloud version allows you to register in the platform using one of the 3 providers we currently support:
- GitHub cloud
- BitBucket cloud
Codacy uses the OAuth protocol to allow you to login on our platform. Depending on the provider (GitHub, Bitbucket, Google), different permissions may be needed due to different OAuth implementations. We also strive to request only the required permissions.
If you login with GitHub, Codacy requires the following permissions/scopes:
- We ask for 'user' permissions to access GitHub user info.
- We ask for 'public_repo' permissions to be able to set PR status on public projects.
- We ask for 'repo' access to access private repositories.
- We ask for 'write:public_key' to add ssh keys to the repositories, so that Codacy can have access to the repository.
- We ask for 'write:repo_hook' access to add post-commit hooks.
- We ask for 'admin:org_hook' to access organization hooks.
If you login with Bitbucket, Codacy requires the following permissions/scopes:
- All the permissions
If you login with Google, Codacy requires the following permissions/scopes:
- We ask for email permission (no more permissions needed since there are no repositories in Google)